Cheapest way to get Windows.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by orangezorki, Jan 23, 2014.

1. orangezorki macrumors 6502a

Hello everyone,

I'd like to get either Parallels or a Bootcamp partition going on my new MBP. I do have a Win7 install on my self-build desktop, but obviously can't use that licence on two computers.

What I am after is a legitimate licence Win7 ultimate licence that is fully legal, but at the cheapest price possible. Any ideas?

David

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

eBay I suppose. 2nd hand...student discount. Google.

3. orangezorki thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the reply, but I'm really after a new licence, and don't want to get stung by a less than straight seller.

David

4. Bear macrumors G3

Amazon $167: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit (Full) System Builder OEM DVD.
    newegg.com is currently $190.

Other companies might have better prices for legitimate copies, but you would have to use a web search to find them.

5. DaveTheRave macrumors 6502a

Do you have an old but active university email address? Any email address that ends with .edu can get student pricing. If not you, maybe a friend or relative?

6. orangezorki thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's the annoying thing - because the hospital I work in is closely linked with a major London/world known university, I teach some of the medical students. Unfortunately, because I am just volunteering for that, I am not allowed a education email address (.ac.uk here in the UK). Not sure if I could persuade MS to make an exception...

David