Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orangezorki

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
Hello everyone,

I'd like to get either Parallels or a Bootcamp partition going on my new MBP. I do have a Win7 install on my self-build desktop, but obviously can't use that licence on two computers.

What I am after is a legitimate licence Win7 ultimate licence that is fully legal, but at the cheapest price possible. Any ideas?

David

orangezorki

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
Thanks for the reply, but I'm really after a new licence, and don't want to get stung by a less than straight seller.

David

DaveTheRave

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2003
Do you have an old but active university email address? Any email address that ends with .edu can get student pricing. If not you, maybe a friend or relative?

orangezorki

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
Do you have an old but active university email address? Any email address that ends with .edu can get student pricing. If not you, maybe a friend or relative?

That's the annoying thing - because the hospital I work in is closely linked with a major London/world known university, I teach some of the medical students. Unfortunately, because I am just volunteering for that, I am not allowed a education email address (.ac.uk here in the UK). Not sure if I could persuade MS to make an exception...

David

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.