Cheapo wireless keyboard has no escape key

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by covisio, Aug 6, 2013.

1. covisio macrumors 6502

covisio

I have an iMac which is about 3 or 4 years old now, it has the standard wireless keyboard which has now started having problems. For some reason "Shift + o" doesn't work (wierd, because shift everything else works and o works and "Caps Lock O" works.). More problematic is the right cursor key, which, once touched, auto repeats madly making it difficult to do quite a lot of stuff.
    Anyway, I'm too stingy to buy a real Apple replacement, so I bought one of these: http://tinyurl.com/k7q9qsk
    Now I fully accept I've bought a piece of crap, but perhaps someone can help. :
    It has no escape key. My son plays Minecraft and he is bleating about this as it is a major funtional key in Minecraft, bringing up the menu, etc.).
    It has a key at top left which has a rounded corner square on it, no idea what that's for.
    So, question is, is there a way to map ESC to this key or another function key?

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Probably not. That keyboard is made for iOS devices like iPads. There have been several similar threads on MacRumors in the past, I've never seen a way to get the ESC key to work.