Check AppleCare Status?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by UKFan643, May 18, 2015.

1. UKFan643 macrumors regular

So I recently bought a watch secondhand off EBay. It came with AppleCare. How can I make sure that the AppleCare is listed on my watch? I understand it's tied to the serial number, but I want it to be listed in my support profile.

2. BradDylan macrumors member

Selfsolve.apple.com and enter serial number

Be aware though. The seller could contact apple and possibly remove apple care to get themeselves a pro-rated refund. Not sure if there is a way to protect against that.

B

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

True, the seller can cancel AppleCare+ at anytime unless he transfers ownership. He would have to contact Apple to do that. :cool:

4. BradDylan macrumors member

Ya. After looking into it it looks like givmeabrek is right. The previous owner has to contact apple and unregister the watch. Then you have to contact apple and register it under your apple id.

B

5. UKFan643 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks everyone. I'll get in touch with him and have him do that.

6. slierow macrumors newbie

The previous owner does not have to call to un-register. You just have to call Apple support to change the registration and know the name of the previous owner.

7. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

Best practice is to have the seller transfer AppleCare+ in front of you on the phone if feasible. Otherwise doing it all online via email is at your own risk.

They will need your name, address, phone number and an email address.