Check Around Your Camera Lense. (Cracking)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickspohn, Dec 27, 2008.

1. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Noticed this the other day.

I just hope it doesn't get worse. It's completely around the lense.

Click to make bigger. It was very hard taking this picture, lol.

[​IMG]

Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b7WRSeeoow

2. Indy21 macrumors 6502

That really sucks.

Hope it doesn't get any worse for you.

3. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Yeah, but if it does I can always get it replaced. It has a dead pixel too. I've never been to picky about it.

4. Babybandit macrumors regular

Ouch, that sucks! alot, mine has a similar problem, but found out it wasn't cracks, but rather some "left-over" powder :eek:. Got it off with a 3% alcohol tissue paper :cool:

5. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I assume you got your iPhone on the first day? And this will be your first replacement? (if needed)

I wonder how those cracks started, quite odd.

6. Robby9279 macrumors regular

Haha, nice choice of words :p

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Do a search in these forums and you will see that the case cracking seems to be rather common and it has been heavily discussed.

Whether it is because the plastic is slightly thinner around the edges or that it is stressed from being too tight. Apple has never officially said why this is happening, but they seem rather open to replacements if you return your phone.

8. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

You always seem to have a response to me questioning me, or doubting me. I have over 2,000 posts in this iPhone forum alone within a year, I know there are threads. Those are all cracks on the body of the phone, somewhere completely random. Mine is actually by a opening of the case. My crack can get very severe if I were to drop it, or have pressure put on it. I'm sure the others might too, but this is a thread calling out to look at the iPhone camera lense area specifically.

9. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Actually, that is fairly common place for iPhone 3G cracking to occur. There's many pics/posts on the web and some in this forum detailing them. Not that I care about re-posts. I'm definitely not one to yell at people to search. Maybe it's a pot-kettle-black thing with Jessica?

10. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

Those girls from "The OC" are crazy, what can you do?

If the cracks bother you, replace it. If they don't, live with them. I'm not sure why everyone needs to post up when they find cracks in the case of their cell phone.

:confused:

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

:) I'm not "from" the OC. What will you do come 1/1 and I've moved? ;)

OP I'm not doubting you and your post count means nada to me personally. I'm simply saying that it is a common occurrence that may or may not have warranted the red alert. I am in no way calling it acceptable, just saying that around the hold switch, the volume rocker, the ear phone jack, and even the camera ... these are all points where the plastic essentially ends and cracking begins. I'm not sure why but as the owner of the same phone it is safe to say it sucks.

12. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

/* off topic
    You're moving from "The OC?" :eek: Now I have to find someone else to tease about living there. Hopefully you're moving somewhere warm!

*/

I drew cracks with pencil on the back of my phone. Now I can't tell which are real and which aren't. It is better for the mind.