"Check Battery" after only 120 cycles.

stevhop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
My MacBook Pro is just over 2 years old with 120 cycles, and the system profiler is showing "check battery". I am attempting to recalibrate according to the instructions shown in the guide section but after I get the low battery warning instead of going to sleep it shuts down. Should I continue to attempt to calibrate? Or??

prodigee

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
My MacBook Pro is just over 2 years old with 120 cycles, and the system profiler is showing "check battery". I am attempting to recalibrate according to the instructions shown in the guide section but after I get the low battery warning instead of going to sleep it shuts down. Should I continue to attempt to calibrate? Or??
I would try to calibrate and if that does nothing take it to the Apple store, because it is less than 300 cycles and you are getting the check battery warning they should give you a new battery, because yours would be considered faulty.

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
I assume you mean a service battery warning under Snow Leopard? My 3 year old MBP was showing a service battery warning. I took it to the Apple store where they swapped in their own battery and rebooted the machine, then repeated the process with my original battery. That cleared the warning.