Check for the 750m?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MomoSD, Oct 30, 2013.

1. MomoSD macrumors newbie

So I just picked up a 2.3/16/512 rmbp. This is my first mac and so far I'm loving it. I'm going through all the windows to find out where things are. One thing that concerns me, I thought this machine came with the 750m gpu. When I go to about this mac, more info and click displays, it shows Iris Pro 1024mb graphics but doesn't say anything about the 750m. Am I being overly paranoid or am I missing something?

2. Benk3350 macrumors member

I was worried about this too. Mine just shipped today. And when I go look, there is no info about the 750M in the specs. However, I specifically ordered it from the higher up level of the macbook, and in my cart the 750M was listed. But when I get emails about my order being processed, shipped, confirmed, etc they show all the specs but nothing about the 750M. So I hope there is no confusion about this.

3. thaifood macrumors 6502

In that 'About this Mac' dialog box;

Click 'More Info...'

On the left column click on 'Graphics/displays'

Should give a more detailed listing of your specs.

4. MomoSD thread starter macrumors newbie

This is what I see:

[​IMG]

The packaging on my box says there's a 750, just curious why it's not showing up here.

5. terzinator macrumors 6502

Click on "system report" to get detailed info

6. MomoSD thread starter macrumors newbie

There it is! Thanks!

7. BigJohno macrumors 65816

it depends on what hardware is being used at the time. If you are running something that requires the 750 then it will show up otherwise it will always show the iris.

8. Freyqq macrumors 68040

that just means that the Iris Pro is currently in use. If you look at the system info, you should see both listed.