Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

computerartist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Hey everyone, I am just starting to use cached data in Apps and don't have much experience with it on the iPhone.

I have an XML Parser and the App displays article names in a UITableView, and when the user clicks on the cell the article loads into a URL into a UIWebView. The second view uses NSURLConnection to display and animate a UIProgressBar, so what I was hoping to do was to check if the URL has been cached... if it has, then don't display the UIProgressBar.

I was just wondering what a good starting point would be to research how to check if a URL that I am loading into a UIWebView has been cached?

computerartist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Yeah I have been looking at it... just didnt know if I have everything I need in this program to check for a cached URL instead of an image?

computerartist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Sorry... yeah I know I will have to update the code some... but I guess I should have asked if both a URL and image will work with that sample code?

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
but I guess I should have asked if both a URL and image will work with that sample code?
Hmm, I'm still not understanding what you're asking exactly. And I think we've entered a bit of a gray area. A URL is not really a resource that you cache, unless you consider it a string. The resource that the URL points to can be cached, whether it be an image or HTML or XML or something else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.