check list after buying rMbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sm04, Sep 7, 2012.

1. sm04 macrumors newbie

I am engineering student and windows user. I have used mac few times(friends). I liked it and disliked it aswell, may be because I am not familiar with it and I am still a Mac virgin.
    I really really like the build quality of Macbooks and what I have heard that OS X does not have usual windows problems(i am sick of that). Thats the only reason I am getting it.

I was surfing the forum and I found out that Macbook build quality is not the best because too many users are reporting issues with the New rMbp.

My laptop has died, I have to buy Laptop immediately either rMbp or Dell Xps-15.

I am a Mac Virgin, I dont know what should I be looking at after purchasing my rMbp to ensure that it is 100% issue free eg. dead pixels, screen problem, loose frame etc.

If you guys can give me a sort of checklist, to check that issue is not present, I will be very very thankful.

In the mean time I have also read that there is a lagging issue going on do u guys belive the issue will get resolved ? because i don't want to spend nearly 1900-2000 pounds and get the Lag.

Again I will be thankful for ur advise.

2. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Check the screen for dead pixels (you will notice them), type on the keyboard to make sure it's not loose or anything, furthermore test the function keys to make sure they work properly. Make sure the ports work, that the trackpad functions, and check for any physical defects such as loose hinges or apparent dents/scratches.

3. sm04 thread starter macrumors newbie

What is the problem with the rMBP screens, i have seen numerous threads about it.... it is really putting me off to buy a mac... ;(

4. MacRetina macrumors member

MacRetina

I have a flawless retina LG screen. Buy with confidence. :D

5. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

I have two flawless rMPBs, on the first try. No returns. No issues. No Complaints, well besides the price.

6. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Keep in mind that what you see on this or any other forum, as far as issues are concerned, is only a small quantity of the MacBooks sold. Your chances of getting a bad one is very small.

As has been stated "Buy with confidence."

If the worst should happen and you get one with issues, then you take it back for another. Some on here have done it several times. But the vast majority have no problems at all.

I'm one of the vast majority, I've had no problems with my rMBP at all. I'm very pleased with it.

7. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Exactly, you're not hearing from the millions who received a perfectly good rMBP. Only the ones that had a problem will come to this forum to report it.

8. sofianito, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012

sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

General checklist followed by most users here :D

(1) Check whether it has an LG or Samsung panel. If LG then goto (X).
    (2) If it has dead pixels then goto (X).
    (3) If is has image ghosting then goto (X).
    (4) If it has bleeding then goto (X).
    (5) <issue to be filled here> then goto (X).
    (6) <issue to be filled here> then goto (X).
    (99) <issue to be filled here> then goto (X).
    (100) If no issues then goto (Y).
    (X) Complain and moan on MR, Exchange it, and then Goto (1).
    (Y) NOOP (No operation)

9. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

lol

10. sm04 thread starter macrumors newbie

lmaoooo, i hope I will get straight to 100.
    Thanks guys I will inform you within week when i buy it...

11. DVD9 macrumors 6502a

I wasn't aware that Apple had already manufactured and sold millions of Retina MacBook Pros.

You learn so much reading this forum. I put this bit of knowledge right alongside the necessity of having 16GB of RAM on a laptop.