Check out my first made website!

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by MartinVanDrunen, Mar 6, 2010.

1. MartinVanDrunen macrumors newbie

2. Slarti Bartfast, Mar 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  3. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    I found it irritating. Anytime I click on a decal to see it on its own page then click back to see the others, I get taken back to the Home page. Left site after 2 views. I'd fix that, and make browsing decals more user-friendly, and make the decal previews better looking. On my browser the decals look really bad, possibly because they're displayed at 33% or 66% or some odd number (they look perfect when viewed on their own page though).

I'd probably ditch the black background for a cleaner white one too. I think most consumers feel happier shopping on a light backdrop, and more trusting too.

Just my opinion ofc

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Overall looks nice, however

Order page looks really shady
    Flash = fail

5. MartinVanDrunen thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the comments
    what do you guys think is a good, user friendly browsing system for the decals? (example) i would like to know how to improve on that problem!

6. LeviG macrumors 65816

It needs a grammar and spell check.
    The pattern background is too heavy and makes the text hard to read
    The fact you require a bank transfer of funds before sending any work out means you won't get any work (unless they're stupid or know you) due to their being no security if your order does not arrive - you need an online payment option.
    All the images look like they are photoshopped rather than being some actual photo's of work.
    There's no information regarding terms and conditions, what happens if you receive faulty goods etc
    Contact details are in about - change the header or say a little more about you.

It just isn't professional enough for a person/company trying to sell things in my opinion, I just wouldn't trust it.

7. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

"The pattern background is too heavy and makes the text hard to read"

I'd say get rid of it entirely. Too distractive.

8. bluetooth macrumors 6502a

bluetooth

I agree with posters above. A good start but it looks rather sketchy. You really do need to make the artwork (decals) more professional looking. Do some actual mock ups and take high resolution pictures as suggested. Create a gallery.

Also, I agree with the online payment option. At the very least, you should offer PayPal, if not Visa/Mastercard.

Here is a small business that has a simple, yet effective layout. Although I am not a big fan of the vertical scroll, everything is farily easy to find and most importantly is looks/feels professional/secure.

Homepage: http://www.avbros.com/english/index.html

Product Gallery: http://www.avbros.com/english/gallery.html

Purchase Page: http://www.avbros.com/english/purchase.html

9. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

Hope you have secured rights to those images. :rolleyes:

10. Kwill macrumors 68000

Kwill

Website development

;) Another misplaced (?) thread.
    There is a separate forum for web design and development.

And now it automagically appears where it belongs. Thanks.