Check out my website and give me some feedback!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Eagle51389, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Eagle51389 macrumors member

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone could give my website a look. I used a template from Microsoft Expression Web. Any input would be appreciated, and make sure you check out my blog.

http://www.personal.psu.edu/sjs5196/

Thanks in advance!

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

3. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

It's not bad, a little plain though. It looks like it came from a template. Navigation is simple and easy. I'm curious, though, what you mean by 'Digital Portfolio.' I didn't see a portfolio of anything on there, just your blog and your resume really. Oh, and if you're going to be showing this to anyone on a school or professional level proofread your pages and make sure everything is correct. There was a spot on your About Me page where you're missing a word.
    Overall it looks good. What are you going to be using it for?

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

To me, it looks like it was made using a template.......from 1996.

Start with iWeb if you own it. It'll certainly look better than this, although it may be a bit much. Also try Rapidweaver. The content you have is OK though. You'll probably want to add more. You can liven up the page by using a different font for the title.

Also, the quote isn't really that great, so you may as well lose it. :eek:

5. Eagle51389 thread starter macrumors member

I'll be mostly using it for possible employers to look at to find out more about me. I'm only a freshman, but I figure I need to learn how to do this eventually. By digital portfolio, I mean that (in the future) I will put up research papers and other major related work. I did indeed use a template that they provided and I know it looks like its from 1996:) I'm working on that right now. Keep the feedback coming!

6. iCube macrumors 6502

Very nice layout! Maybe change the beige borders to something brighter/crisper. Very slick otherwise!

Attached Files:

7. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

i like the highway scene on the left. Like the person above stated I think you should make the tan box a different color and possibly a little longer.

8. drewyboy macrumors 65816

Pretty plain, but some of the posts above have already said that and gave some ideas, but also I noticed just briefly browsing over that in the "About Me" page you have a typo..."I'm passionate about al the things I do and always strive for the best." Which is an ironic place to have one :D It should be "about all the things...". Typos can be a deal breaker when employers are looking at your websites, that is if they even do. I can't stress enough how important it is not to have typos. If there isn't a typo on your resume, you get put with the other 75% who also didn't make typos. Otherwise not even a glance at your credentials. My point is, it's already a big enough uphill battle with all the other applicants that you don't need a small typo killing you at the beginning of the race.

9. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Where's the personal touch?

As has been said, it looks "nice" but not you.