Check out this link to my school's computer store. Help me out with a purchase.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by hierobryan, Jan 8, 2008.

1. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

http://www.uhbooks.hawaii.edu/computers/

See the four Macbooks listed in the "MacBooks" section? What are the differences between the MB063LL/A and MB063LL/B models besides the processor speed and price? Does the cheaper one NOT come with Leopard? Does the cheaper one come with the LESSER amount of video ram (64mb?)? I'm buying one for sure tomorrow, I'm just not sure which one. Help a brotha out?!

2. ZachPruckowski macrumors member

The A probably comes with the gma950 integrated graphics instead of x3100. Both steal RAM from the main pool of it, but the x3100 has a superior graphics processor.

My advice would be to get the MB062LL/B - white, 2.2GHz/1GB/120GB/SuperDrive for $1149. That's $50 cheaper than the EDU prices, and you're not paying the "black tax". If you get the MB063LL/B, you pay $200 for a slightly bigger hard-drive and some black paint.

3. hierobryan thread starter macrumors 6502a

i'm dumb....i just searched and found out the differences. now i'm just wondering if that extra $200 is worth it. i really want black. white just looks sooo much worse.

4. macuserx86 macrumors 6502a

macuserx86

The black smudges very easily (grease from you hands will really be visible)
    It is a purely aesthetic choice, if you want to be a PC drone go ahead ;)

Hope that Helped!