Check out this Retina deal on Ebay.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
A sale from a random reseller on eBay with 5 feedback in the last year(not even as a seller). No thanks. Let someone else take the risk.
Uh, look closely there guy :D

BTW, please don't bid on this.

Nov 28, 2010
located
This is a guide on how to buy a new MacBook Pro such as the specification listed above:
Condition: Brand New: A new, unread, unused book in perfect condition with no missing or damaged pages.

Format: Manual

Language: English
I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Maybe someone should report this ****er, as I don't have an eBay account to do so.

iLikeTurtles!

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
15" MacBook Pro Retina display 2.7GHz Quad-core Intel i7 768GB 16GB Ram

"Guide"

LOL what happens when a buyer wins?

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Maybe someone should report this ****er, as I don't have an eBay account to do so.
I know, it's heartbreaking really. But a drop in the bucket. You can't police the world. There's insurance on most stuff, and really it's Ebay's fault, and their insurance that needs to cover something like this. They really are condoning criminal activities.

Very disturbing stuff. I posted it, for obvious reasons, but it's not really funny. :(

iLikeTurtles!

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
and returns are not accepted. someone is gonna be a little mad when they see a shipping envelope instead of a package in a few days.
its unfortunate but there are alot of a$$ holes in this world

hopefully the buyer realizes soon and reports to ebay

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
Yikes 38 bids, 4 in the last 10 minutes. I'm tempted to bid as i'm such an Ebay addict

I'VE GOT TO BID HELP MEEEEE! I KNOW IT"S A RIP OFF, I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!

Deacon-Blues

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
California
This is exactly why I don't use eBay. I wonder if the buyer would have any recourse in this situation. It is so overwhelmingly deceptive that it would be easy to fall for it, although technically the description does refer to it as a manual.

This is not good. eBay and Craig's List... Two places I don't go, they are so full of scammers.

Hellishness

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Bay Area, CA
I buy TONS of stuff on craigslist. Meet in person and I've never had an issue. I'd honestly not be comfortable getting a used laptop on ebay, but I'm fine with in on craigslist.

Deacon-Blues

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
California
Here in California the new Craig's List scam is they arrange to meet you, and then when you show up, they put a gun to your head and take everything you have, including forcing you to go to the cash machine and empty out your account.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
Ebay is perfectly safe for most people. I've never had a problem and I buy and sell TONS of stuff. Like any marketplace, there are pitfalls.

The real issue that I have is that it's so easy to shop :D

----------

Here in California the new Craig's List scam is they arrange to meet you, and then when you show up, they put a gun to your head and take everything you have, including forcing you to go to the cash machine and empty out your account.
Yes, Craig list is scary to me, when Ebay is not at all. You really have to bring your posse with you. Going alone is crazy.

iLikeTurtles!

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
thats why with common sense you meet in a public place?

----------

u would think though, for someone nearly spending 3k.....u would read EVERYTHING

M5RahuL

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2009
Colorado
He even stole the pic from The Verge lol..

How do I report this to eBay ? haven't used it in a while and the whole layout looks different now!

**Edit**

Nevermind, found it!!

bwhli

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2012
Boston, MA
Wow, this is ridiculous. Just reported to eBay. 20 minutes to go on the auction...I wonder how this will end.