Check specs on bootup of fresh install? SL 10.6

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ibbieta, Mar 28, 2012.

1. ibbieta macrumors member

Here's a weird one. I am posting my gfriend's white macbook on Ebay. We did a fresh Snow Leopard install on it about a month ago, so the new owner would start at the install screen. But I have forgotten what RAM and HD customizations I have done over the years. Actually, I forgot the model number too.

So I am wondering if if there is a way to see the specs on start-up of a fresh install or whether I have to create a user and everything first (which would require another fresh install).

Any help appreciated

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If you have another Mac and a FireWire cable, start the other Mac in Target Disc Mode and boot the Macbook from the other Mac's hard drive once you connect the two. To startup from the other Mac's hard drive, press the option key at boot on the Macbook once the two are connected with a FireWire cable and the other Mac is in Target Disc Mode.

3. ibbieta thread starter macrumors member

I don't have a firewire connect on my macbook pro, would usb work?

4. simsaladimbamba

USB would not work.
    You could also look inside the MacBook what HDD and how much RAM it has.
    As for the CPU, it is either a 2.0 GHz model if it has no printing on the F5 and F6 keys or it is a 2.4 GHz model, if it has printings on those keys. That is, if it is one of those aluminium ones and has black keys. If it is a white Unibody MacBook, then it might be a bit harder.

[​IMG]

Ah, I see it is the white one. Is it the Unibody one? Because that is the only one without Firewire.

[​IMG]

5. ibbieta thread starter macrumors member

Completely forgot I could just open her up! Thanks all who replied, issue resolved.