check the base band

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ahdhulla, Dec 21, 2010.

1. ahdhulla macrumors member

hello all,

i am new here and new to iphone 4, i used i4 with ios 4,0 and i ve erased all contents of my iphone4 accidentally and now it shows only the apple logo, no itunes and tiny umbrella detect it, now the question isis there anyway to check the base band?

2. Applejuiced, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Did you restore it yet or is it just stuck after you did the erase all content and settings?
    When running T.U. click save SHSHs.
    It will then download and save all shsh's available for your device from cydias server.
    If you have at least 4.0.2 shsh's you can restore to that and unlock still.
    If you got 4.1 and higher shsh's only then you'd be stuck without the ability to unlock.
    Never "accidentally" click that button again.

3. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Since you were on 4.0 then your baseband would be 1.59.00

Now the only way to get 4.0 back onto your iPhone is to restore but to do this you need the SHSH saved for 4.0.

If you don't have the SHSH saved for 4.0 your only option is to restore to 4.2.1 and lose the ability to unlock.

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

^should have new meaning in the iPhone world....lol @ people

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol :D
    No doubt, how many more accidental firmware updates and "erase all" we will see:D

6. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

It's never ending.

7. ahdhulla thread starter macrumors member

:D it has to, actually ppl use those terms to defend their ignorance (i admit) but 'if ppl dont make mistakes they will not learn anything new'

regards

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I hear you bro, we all make mistakes. I messed plenty of computers before I learned how to fix them:D

9. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

I honestly feel like a broken record on this site most of the time. It doesn't really bother me, but I am constantly answering the same question over and over again :cool:

10. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Oh geez, I remember when I built my first computer...I had to send 3 motherboards back to Newegg. That was my first mistake...trusting Newegg.

Good times, good times.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Gotta love Newegg:)

12. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

What are you gonna do? It's gets annoying after a while answering the same question but people are people and their always going to help.

Most people come to the forums for guidance instead a of searching for it google or somewhere else. I admit sometimes I post things instead of doing a search first.

13. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Me too :) I hate how uptight people get about that. I realize that it creates sort of a clusterf$&k but that's what forums are for. Discussion. I know that when I knew very little about technology back in the day, I would much rather have actually posted and gotten responses from someone about my SPECIFIC problem, rather than just a similar one. It's an ease of mind type of thing I guess.