Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cyberone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
I seem to hit the jackpot each time. The last MBA I got had some black dirt in the Apple logo. Of course they changed it without any questions asked.

The new machine just now came with attached souvenir. Again, no questions asked to get a new machine... It's just that... I start feeling a bit nervous when buying Apple hardware... QC, Apple, QC!

Attachments

• IMG_7711.jpg
    IMG_7711.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 517

mac_in_tosh

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
Earth
It's hard to tell what you are showing as the photo is not in focus, but your experience is just further evidence of Apple's diminishing quality control that was part of the reason for paying the "Apple tax."

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
Even more reason I'm glad to switch to Windows again. I remember the days when Apple had great QC and made durable articles.
[doublepost=1552685071][/doublepost]
It's hard to tell what you are showing as the photo is not in focus, but your experience is just further evidence of Apple's diminishing quality control that was part of the reason for paying the "Apple tax."
Seems to just be a badly nicked edge to me.

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
Nice blurry photo.

Good on Apple for quickly resolving your issue.

cyberone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
Now I have to defend my photo skills? Come on guys, it's clear enough, showing the covers left side / edge.

Was contemplating the Windows switch, Lenovo Carbon X1 7th gen maybe, but nah.

There's a lot of bad mouthing out there, against everything. Instead of listening to the myriad of others, try to make up your own mind.

Like... the newer Mac keyboards... Really thought my old MBA's is the one, love typing on it. Now on the new MBA 2018... the old MBA suddenly feels old, with mushy typing.

I reckon such QC mishaps happen quite rarely, but still, check your hardware thoroughly, that's why I don't like delivery, and the Apple ware still is nice and solid overall.

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
its clear the lid on the macbook air that has a scuff, right?
when the new one is coming ? tomorrow?

mac_in_tosh

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
Earth
The background lack of focus is the bokeh. The foreground artifact that he is trying to show does not appear to be in sharp focus, which is odd because the edge of the lid is sharp. But it serves to make his point.

Last edited:

cyberone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
What a ****** product, what a miserable QC! Not only did I get a MBA '18 first that I had to replace the next day, now a few months into usage the screen's showing something dark. It's not dead pixles, it's some material, maybe from production. Apple will replace the screen, but come on!! This is a new computer!!

Of course there's is nothing Apple is willing to do, except pay for repair... Apple and CQ? Forget it.

Attachments

• IMG_8601.JPG
    IMG_8601.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 183

Octopuss

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2017
Had to have my new MBP fixed - HDMI port didn't work and they refused to swap for new one because i already used it for couple months before finding that HDMI is broken. So I can suggest you to check every single port as well when you buy any Apple product now. Apple's QC is not a thing any longer.

At least we getting all the emojiis we need so much.

Reactions: cyberone
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.