Check Your Fan Account!! AT&T Made Some Changes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NateDogX, Aug 11, 2010.

1. NateDogX macrumors member

Well, I just got off the phone with AT&T and while the experience was more pleasant than they typically are, the representative told me some bad news.

Apparently they've made some changes to corporate FAN discounts. I'm not sure if it applies to individual plan but if you're on a FAMILY TALK plan that utilized the discount, you'll notice that the discount no longer applies to your monthly minutes. Instead, they've added the discount to "other feature" or so I was told. These other features include text messaging which didn't used to be part of the FAN discount.

Head over to ATT.com and check to see how affected your bill is by the changes made by sneaky, sneaky AT&T.

2. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

Just checked mine and there's no change to my FamilyTalk plan. I show the discount for the primary line (the one that contains the core plan price). Will check in periodically to see if that changes. Thanks for the heads-up.

3. NateDogX thread starter macrumors member

Very strange. I wonder if it only takes affect if you make a change to your minute plan?

4. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Mine is still the same. Did you have a Family Talk plan with unlimited minutes or something?

5. timerollson macrumors 65816

Mine only goes towards my monthly minutes. I no longer get a discount on the data or the texting. :confused:

6. NateDogX thread starter macrumors member

I had 1400 minutes, then I stepped it down to 700 since we weren't using all of ours.

7. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I shall keep that in mind Nate.

I was thinking of stepping down. Now, I may not.

I get my FAN discount on the base plan, and on the data plan attached to my iPhone.

That's it. Everyone else's plans and data are regular price.

Was yours like that before the step down?

8. NateDogX thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I believe mine was like that before changing to 700 minutes.

9. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I can't see why they would apply the discount to the other services. The whole point of the FAN is to discount possible work-related expenses, such as using minutes to call work or using your minutes for anything else work related. My FAN doesn't discount data plans or texts because these are a lot harder to justify as being work-related. However, it is really up to your workplace. I think they are the ones that decide what they are going to be discounted (but I'm not sure).

10. vega07 macrumors 65816

How do we check this? I looked at "current offers" on the premier webpage and it only says at the end $199.99 familytalk plans do not and will not received combined billing discounts.

11. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

Receiving and sending email (and thus important documents and other similar items) on the fly is a feature many companies would consider top priority and very work related.

12. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

I'm on a individual fan and mine hasn't changed my monthly bill is still 65 bucks and some change :eek: I guess it's something that's only effecting family talk plans. It still sucks thought they would do this :mad: to people on a family talk rate plan!

13. hcho3 macrumors 68030

It could be just your fan account. In other words, it could be just changes for the company you work for. So the question is.... what company do you work for?