Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Takeurtime

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
For a few months now att has been counting what suppose to be "mobile to mobile" in my family plan as DAY TIME. So the 700 minutes have been going down very quickly and using up my roll over minutes.

I finally decided to "investigate" thi last month after telling my family not to use the phone so much. They replied they mostly text people and just use the phone to call each other (family). I saw the bill showing DT minutes when me and my wife where calling each other.

I called ATT and told them I don't trust them anymore because this has been going on for months and nobody at att saw it or corrected it. If I did not find this it would have continued on and on. I told them I want to be let out of my contract and they told me this could not be done because of bill error.

I told them I will see a lawyer and they just said they would fix it by the 8th of this month. I told them fine but that I still dont trust them/their computer whoever and that I do not want to be having to check every 2-3 weeks to see if they are billing my minutes correctly.

Do you guys think this is a legit reason for them to allow me of my contract?
And please CHECK your minutes if you feel they are going down rather quickly!

RiceRacerDX

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
Billing errors happen all the time....if even for months on end. Thats why they send you a paper bill to make sure what you are being billed is correct before you pay. I too highly doubt you will be let out of your contract because of a billing error and I'm sure that it's stated that way in your contract somehow.

megapopular

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
Hmm...

Thanks for the heads up... took a 5 minute scan of my account lines and all seems normal. I'm getting proper mobile to mobile unlimited listing next to my AT&T to AT&T calls. Glad you caught the problem on your bill, though! Best luck to you!

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Are you sure that you have the correct features on your account, yes Mobile to Mobile should be part of your account features but some account changes can cause issues? When was the last change made to your FamilyTalk rate plan?

I think you might be confusing the "Rate Period" with "Feature Minutes". The rate period of "DT" just indicates that the call was made during the day.

If you look at the detailed bill you should see something like "M2MCNG" on the same line as the individual call between two lines on your account and when you look at the totals you should see the minutes split out into different buckets: Anytime, NIghts & Weekends, Mobile to Mobile and Rollover.

Dave

bigchief

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
For a few months now att has been counting what suppose to be "mobile to mobile" in my family plan as DAY TIME. So the 700 minutes have been going down very quickly and using up my roll over minutes.

I finally decided to "investigate" thi last month after telling my family not to use the phone so much. They replied they mostly text people and just use the phone to call each other (family). I saw the bill showing DT minutes when me and my wife where calling each other.

I called ATT and told them I don't trust them anymore because this has been going on for months and nobody at att saw it or corrected it. If I did not find this it would have continued on and on. I told them I want to be let out of my contract and they told me this could not be done because of bill error.

I told them I will see a lawyer and they just said they would fix it by the 8th of this month. I told them fine but that I still dont trust them/their computer whoever and that I do not want to be having to check every 2-3 weeks to see if they are billing my minutes correctly.

Mistakes are made all the time by every carrier. You made your complaint and they said they would fix it. If they don't, then you have a legitiment complaint. Mellow out. It's not the end of the world.

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I called ATT and told them I don't trust them anymore because this has been going on for months and nobody at att saw it or corrected it. If I did not find this it would have continued on and on.

What, do you think someone at AT&T personally reviews every single bill? They have tens of millions of customers. How on earth would they do that? It takes you noticing the error and informing them.

I told them I want to be let out of my contract and they told me this could not be done because of bill error. [/QUOTE]

If they fix the error and "return" the improperly used minutes, they have no requirement to let you out of your contract because of a simple error.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan

Do you think you over-reacted a bit? It is a hassle you had to call them to get your minutes back but it sounds like it worked out. Getting out of your contract is far more hassle than its probably worth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.