Check Your Order Status on Apple.com Store - I was Double Billed!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zippychimp, Jun 16, 2010.

1. zippychimp macrumors newbie

So after wasting over 14 hours of my life yesterday (I am ashamed to admit), I finally "got through" the Apple.com ordering maze and successfully ordered an iphone 4 around 9:30pm last night. Several times prior to the successful order, I reached the end stages where they ask for your credit card security # and to confirm the order, only to get the "Oops! We're Sorry." screen.

Today I went into check on my "order status" and make sure it was in there and set for the 6/24 delivery. I was shocked to see 2 identical orders for the iphone 4 and black bumper case I ordered! They were about 30 minutes apart and had different order numbers. So - apparently one of the many, many times I was trying to complete my order and got the "Oops!" screen it must have actually executed and there was no way to know.

I did only receive 1 email from Apple confirming my purchase so unless I went into the online store and checked my order status, I never would have known.

Imagine how incensed I would have been if they had billed my credit card the "no contract" price ($699) for the 2nd iphone they had me ordering?!

I urge everyone to check their order status and make sure this does not happen to you!!

Apple really keeps finding new ways to botch this "pre-order" up. Didn't offer me any coupon or even an apology when I called Customer Service today to get the extra Iphone removed from my order status.

That 4G Sprint HTC is looking more ALOT more attractive after this experience.

2. Tankfantry macrumors regular

Tankfantry

I'm still good as I checked it before work this morning. As for the Sprint HTC comment, good luck & god speed.

3. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Really "That 4G Sprint HTC is looking more ALOT more attractive after this experience" ? please go for it and leave the phone for someone else

4. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I don't care if they triple bill me. I just want my phone shipped to me. Once it's physically in my hands, then I'll clear-up the billing issue.

5. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I checked my credit card statement, and I have 4 $1 authorization charges as pending charges( along with the $200 iPhone and $29 dock charges).

6. Mark Booth macrumors 68000

Mark Booth

Inaccurate thread title. You weren't double-billed (which implies you were billed twice for a SINGLE order). You ended up with two orders. And it's incredibly simple to cancel an order on Apple's web site without having to call customer service.

Mark

7. KingFudd macrumors member

I bought two iphone 4's yesterday. I had 1 extra $215 charge making 3 total charges. My apple account shows I only preordered 2.

8. zippychimp thread starter macrumors newbie

Mark - not going to argue semantics but I feel I was double billed because only 1 time in the 14 hours of attempts was the order confirmed to go through. You are correct that I would have received 2 iphones - as well as been billed for 2 iphones. However, it was a single order. I also only received one confirmation email from Apple for a single order.

If I hadn't checked the order status I would never have discovered the mistake. Plus I would have been billed for something I didn't order.

Perhaps a better thread title would have been "Apple Incorrectly Double Ordered" instead of "Double Billed".

9. rajbonham macrumors 6502

Because of similar Apple store errors last year, my friend somehow managed to pre-order 14 3GS phones. That made for a very interesting situation...