Checked and unchecked songs in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by al3000, Sep 25, 2007.

1. al3000 macrumors 6502

Hey

At the moment, my iTunes library is 5.36GB, but because my iPod nano is only 4GB I have unchecked quite a few songs/albums so they wont sync. My problem is that I am planning on getting an iPod touch and obviously will want my whole library to sync, but... I will still want to be syncing my Nano with the songs that I had selected/checked previously and any new ones.

Is there a way to get round this?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Rather than checking/unchecking. Create a playlist that contains all the songs you want to sync to your nano, then sync the playlist.

3. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

I do this.

In fact my shuffle playlist is a smart playlist. I don't even manage it anymore. Anything with 5 stars goes to that playlist automatically.

So, when I'm listening on my touch and I like something, I give it 5 stars right there on the touch. Next time I sync, that rating info gets updated to iTunes and the songs I've given 5 stars to go to my Shuffle playlist.

4. fabianjj macrumors 6502

Why don't you do like I do, simply uncheck the songs i don't want on my nano, and just configure the big one to sync uncheched songs as well?

5. carman63 macrumors regular

If it's storage capacity you're most concerned with, you could create a smart playlist for your Nano that chooses songs randomly, but caps the space at 3.5-4GB.

Then, sync the entire music library to your Touch :)

I do something similar with my various players. I have a smart playlist for the iPhone with a 4GB space limit, as well as songs between 2:30 and 7:30 in length, plus some other criteria. My 80GB Classic gets my entire library, and my Nano syncs from a playlist of hand-picked songs (mostly for working out, etc).