Checked out the 6 & 6 Plus at the Apple store today....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by veedubshafer, Sep 23, 2014.

1. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

So I'm eligible for an upgrade in about 2 weeks. I figured while I had time earlier today I'd stop in and check out each phone, compare them to each other as well as to my 5s. My take on the new phones is if I'm going to get a bigger phone I won't waste my time with the 6. It's screen is barely any bigger than the 5s. The 6+ seems pretty nice. The accessibility feature to make it easier to use with 1 hand is nice. The screen is beautiful. Both of the new phones are great don't get me wrong. But I think my mind is made up & unless I scrap the idea of buying a new phone altogether I'll be getting a 64 gig space grey 6+.

2. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I have the same decision. I just went back again today. On my first trip I felt the 6 Plus was clearly to big for me. Today I'm not so sure! The 6 is beautiful, but I am also not sure if it's enough of a jump for the money. (I do like my 5S a lot). The 6 Plus would take some getting used to, but it is clearly a change.

3. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

First time I held the 6 it felt too close to my 5. The 6+ is a major increase in screen size!:eek:

4. cmanbrazil macrumors regular

Finally i found a thread that I can call home.:D I have an order for the plus but it won't arrive until the end of October so i will be taking weekly trips -daily- to the apple store to play with each. I really like the what i can do with the plus screen size that would be wonderful, but the health/exercise functions i would think would go better with the 6. I know I plan to use a bluetooth with the plus so i wont be holding a saucer up to my head.

Any way it goes, if you are on the fence, ordering the plus as soon as possible is the best, because you at least get in the wait line and can still go back and forth during the process. I will probably use the two week return period once I get it to make the final decision.

5. vigilant macrumors 6502

vigilant

Thought I'd chime in.

I have both at home right now.

The iPhone 6 has a very very nice small body to it. It feels tiny after using the iPhone 6 Plus since Friday.

Key piece of advice, if you carry an iPhone 6 Plus you have to think of it more like a tiny iPad Mini then a big iPhone.

Landscape and Portrait modes being so distinctive is really big here. The Landscape view really does feel like a big productivity boost. Portrait is very nice for traditional phone use. I'd recommend using Reachability for one handed use. It really does help the one handed problem, but it's an extra gesture that I am still getting use to.