Checkerboard on 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stlwx21, Jul 29, 2008.

1. stlwx21 macrumors member

First of all, I did search the forums. I saw where there was some checkerboard issues on the original iphone, but did not see anything mentioned specifically about the 3G.

So I go to the Apple Store today to pick up my replacement phone (original had the raised glass not sitting flush on the bezel). When I put the phone in my hand, I first noticed 3 dots/circles on the top of the phone to the left of the earpiece.

Now I only notice this when you hold it in a certain light. Has anyone else noticed this on theirs?

I dont have a camera on me, so please dont give me the "Pics or it didn't happen" routine. ;)

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Do you mean the 3 sensors that are by the ear piece and not on the screen? The checkerboard pattern was a problem with the screen.

TEG

3. OasisNYK macrumors 6502

I see the 3 dots on mine when its in the sunlight - I assumed they were part of the phone, it looks like some sort of sensors are under them but I could be wrong.

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

5. stlwx21 thread starter macrumors member

I apologize. It is not on the screen. It is above it on the black. I just never saw them on my original.

Ok, thanks. That's all I needed to know.

/thread