Checking for Retina Display manufacturer

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sudonano, Jul 14, 2015.

1. sudonano macrumors newbie

Hi all!

So I got my RD for my late 2013 15" rMBP replaced by Apple under a CR code after it had a fair bit of the anti reflective coating coming off. Right now I have been trying to check the manufacturer of the new display but it seems to be fruitless.

Tried this command :

ioreg -lw0 | grep \"EDID\" | sed "/[^<]*</s///" | xxd -p -r | strings -6

but all I get back is Colour LCD. Which isn't particularly useful.

Not sure if Apple has taken this off on the Late 2013 MBP (or those without the dedicated graphics like mine?)...

Cheers!

2. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

Unfortunately, I believe reading about them getting rid of that command for the newer models. I got my display replaced on my computer (early 2013) about 5 months ago, and the new one has image retention. I'm going to ship it back this weekend to get fixed, and hopefully the new one doesn't. That exact command outputs the display information on my computer, so it must be gone.

3. sudonano thread starter macrumors newbie

Either that, or from the Late 13 and on, since the graphics card is not present, that may be the reason... Though I don't have one with the graphics card with me, so can't confirm. The reason why I suspect this is cause the 13" can't run this command either...