Checking iPhone battery level??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by duelingdragons, Sep 5, 2008.

1. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

Is there a way on the phone to find out exactly how much battery I have left? (as opposed to just looking at the tiny battery icon)

Thanks =)

2. duelingdragons thread starter macrumors 65816

3. Linuss macrumors regular

If you jailbreak it you can download bossprefs and one of the options is numeric battery indicator.

4. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

I don't think there is. I would like the option to show percentage/time like on my MBA myself.

5. excgchief macrumors newbie

how much battery I have left

I am not sure about non-jailbroken iphones nor if the earlier version of the iphone has it or not but for jailbroken iphones (3G and 3GS) go to settings,
    then select General, select Usage. At the top you should see Battery Percentage switch. Turn it on and you should immediately see your battery life in % as well as the battery level icon. I have the 3GS and did this on my 3G as well. This is the only way I know of to do this without installing an app.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

As someone said, it's in the settings on the 3GS. For other iPhones you'll need an app.

I use the 'iStat' application. There are also a ton of battery apps that only show the battery without all that other info. Just search the store for 'battery' and I'm sure you'll find them.

Attached Files: