Checking out apples cs...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by fanboy05, Apr 11, 2011.

1. fanboy05 macrumors regular

I bought the iPad 2 on release day... Stood in lines, and was lucky enou to get one with no backlight bleeding...:eek:
    I bought the hdmi adapter today and went to mirror stuff on my big screens....
    Used iPhone4 and was able to get YouTube ect... Just fine ( of course it doesn't do "mirroring" as the iPad 2 should, but you could play video, on the tv with my iPhone 4. Then hooked up my original iPad, same thing, worked as expected no problems.
    Then hooked up my iPad2. And of course it didn't work! :mad: tv said no signal :mad::mad:
    So I tinkered with the settings, restarted the iPad 2 , reset it, and finally reinstalled everything, stupid thing didn't send a signal at all to the tv.

Then I drove to best buy where I bought it a month ago... They say the cables and my iPad, and iPhone are all working fine, but they have no idea why they can't get the iPad2 working
    So they say I can give it to them and when they get more in stock they will give me a
    replacement .... Uh yeah I will hold my breath for that to happen, or I can try to take it to the
    apple store, and see if they can figure out what is wrong with it.
    So I leave, and get an appointment for this evening. I am waiting for 50 minutes to talk with a supposed "genius" ( oh the irony) and will see if I am missing out on something....
    I am not happy that the one freaking iPad 2 in the world that doesn't have any issues , apparently has issues !
    Grrrrr
    I hope they can do something aside from give me a blank stare and say " I dunno"....

2. fanboy05 thread starter macrumors regular

Went in, and waited my turn, they came looked at the cables, my iPad and the phone that the cables both worked on.

The gentleman said the pins must not be working right, he went to the back, got a replacement, activated it and i wiped the other one clean and went home. I will be testing here in a few minutes to see it there is backlight bleeding on the new one. Fingers and toes crossed there is none or it is minimal. I would have tested it in the store, but it was very busy, and i am tired.
    I was glad they had a replacement in stock. He said that had I come in last week they would not have had them!

Overall I was very happy with the customer service! :D and now I can use the cables! ( I checked those before leaving and they work on the new ipad2 I got)

3. PCClone macrumors 6502a

Cool story bro! Can't wait for the next chapter. The anticipation is killing me.

4. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

lol.

You couldn't test it at the Apple store?