Checking Repair Status From Apple Store

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aiterum, Aug 12, 2009.

1. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

So my MBP died last thursday and I took it into the apple store. They told me that they initially thought that it would just need a new hard drive and that it would be done within a day or so. However, later that night they called and told me that it was more than just the hdd and that they would have to ship it off to the depot to repair it and that it would take 7-10 days or so, which was fine. However, I checked my repair status this morning through the apple website using the repair number that they gave me on the slip of paper that i signed and according to the website it was repaired and returned on the 6th (the day that I brought the computer into the store in the first place)

here are my questions

1. Is this because what they thought intially was wrong and that they sent it off someplace else, that this specific repair number was for what they initially thought, but since it wasn't that, they made that 'Repair number' complete?
    2. is there a way to get another repair number and check in on the status now since it is (as they have told me) shipped away some place else, but the only repair number that I have tells me something different?

2. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I think your best bet is to call AppleCare and ask them those questions.

3. aiterum thread starter macrumors 6502

aiterum

okay i was going to do that but i found out that if you log in with your apple ID, it gives you a status of all repairs listed. They just put the new one on the ID but I hadn't got another repair number but thanks anyways! This topic is kind of over i guess since its figured out

4. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Thats odd. The 6th COULD be the date they shipped it out to the 'depot' as you call it.

However, My best guess is, don't worry about it, tracking it won't make it any faster, and I'm sure they'll phone you when its back in the store.

5. aiterum thread starter macrumors 6502

aiterum

okay well they haven't though. according to the status, they received it on the 10th, repaired on the 10th, and then shipped back to the store on the 11th with a FedEx tracking number attached. According to that tracking number, it arrived this morning at 10AM (its 4PM where I live right now) and the apple website still says 'in transit'