Checking screen model

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aodesigns, Apr 7, 2015.

1. aodesigns macrumors member

Hi guys,

Just got my 2015 rMBP and want to check the screen model, I think i've done it right however it says device model: (blank)

What is the correct way to check this?

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

If there is nothing wrong

.... what does it matter. Don't buy into all this screen model nonsense. Over the years there have been issues with every make and model number of retina screen that apple has used.

If yours is good, it is good just enjoy it.

If it isn't good return it and get a different one. The model number and make will have no impact on this and is superfluous information.

3. aodesigns thread starter macrumors member

Comparing with my 2012 rmbp there is a yellow tint to it !

4. jlp2979 macrumors 6502

Check out the thread on this site regarding screen types on the 13" 2015 rMBP. All screens can have problems, some more prone to have issues than others though.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1858982

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Yep many are warm.

You can either try to calibrate it out or take it back, again the make and model number mean nothing here both samsung and LG screens have come up warm or yellow tinted for many people.

6. aodesigns thread starter macrumors member

Arranging a replacement, it's 'piss yellow' not acceptable :/ whites and greys look disgusting !

7. jlp2979 macrumors 6502

Good luck. If you want some moral support post over in that thread I linked to, we are sympathetic toward your issues :).