Checking the graphics card specs

sui.page

macrumors member
Original poster
May 13, 2012
So after the release of the Retina Mabooks i was able to pickup a sweet deal on an early 2011 macbook pro. It's the 2.2Ghz model with an AMD graphics card. Im trying to find the specs to make sure i haven't been duped but i can only see the Intel graphics 3000. How do i check if the AMD graphics card is installed and its model?

Zeov

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2011
Odense
So after the release of the Retina Mabooks i was able to pickup a sweet deal on an early 2011 macbook pro. It's the 2.2Ghz model with an AMD graphics card. Im trying to find the specs to make sure i haven't been duped but i can only see the Intel graphics 3000. How do i check if the AMD graphics card is installed and its model?
I'm on a danish mac so sorry if the translation isn't correct.

Click on the Apple logo on the top left of your mac, then: About this mac -> More information -> and then you should be able to see the specs of your mac :) if you want more details you can press the "system report" to get a more detailed view of everything.

sui.page

macrumors member
Original poster
May 13, 2012
I'm on a danish mac so sorry if the translation isn't correct.

Click on the Apple logo on the top left of your mac, then: About this mac -> More information -> and then you should be able to see the specs of your mac :) if you want more details you can press the "system report" to get a more detailed view of everything.
thanks for the helps guys i couldn't find the system profiler though so system report it was, maybe its been changed on the updated mac osX. Sall good!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
thanks for the helps guys i couldn't find the system profiler though so system report it was, maybe its been changed on the updated mac osX. Sall good!
You can find System Profiler:
  • By looking in your /Applications/Utilities folder
  • By pressing Command-spacebar and typing "System Profiler" in the Spotlight search bar
  • By pressing  > About This Mac > More Info > (System Report if on Lion)

sui.page

macrumors member
Original poster
May 13, 2012
You can find System Profiler:
  • By looking in your /Applications/Utilities folder
  • By pressing Command-spacebar and typing "System Profiler" in the Spotlight search bar
  • By pressing  > About This Mac > More Info > (System Report if on Lion)
i'm on lion - only the last point worked. thanks again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.