Checklist for rmbp 16Gb, 2.6

xfreeflyerx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
Hi

I just ordered a refurb rMBP.

What checks should I do ?

First Mac and not sure how good the refurb will work out. There seems to be a few issues reading through the forum with the machine.

VMs by night and video editing by day will be the main business.

Many thanks

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hi

I just ordered a refurb rMBP.

What checks should I do ?

First Mac and not sure how good the refurb will work out. There seems to be a few issues reading through the forum with the machine.

VMs by night and video editing by day will be the main business.

Many thanks
There is no checklist you need to go through. Just turn it on and start using it. Refurbs are a very good deal, and are fully covered by the same warranty as new Macs. In some ways, a refurb is a safer bet than a new Mac. Enjoy your Mac and don't worry about it, as you are covered for defects for at least a year, longer if you buy AppleCare.

B...

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2013
When you first get it, check it for cosmetic damage. Check the screen for muras, stuck or burned-out pixels, etc. Then use it normally for any issues.

BuCkDoG

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2013
There really is no "checklist" you have to perform as most refurbished Macs are pretty good. Just check for cosmetic damage. For the most part, the machine is a great machine. I have had mine now for a couple months and I can definitely confirm that this machine can take a beating. Whatever you throw at it, it can handle. I would just suggest hopefully you get a Samsung Display over an LG Display. LG had some problems with the ghosting issues early on in the production so hopefully you can avoid that. Secondly, hope for a SamSung SSD, I believe it is the PM 830 even though the 840/840 pro is out now, but hope for the samsung SSD and the SanDisk are a bit slower, although not by much. Other than that, you should be good in my opinion. Good Luck!

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
The only things I would check for are scratches / dings in the case and dead or stuck pixels on the screen.

After the return period Apple will not necessarily replace your display for a single or small number of dead / stuck pixels depending on how noticeable they are.