Cheep

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by yefar11, Mar 20, 2012.

1. yefar11, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012

yefar11 macrumors newbie

I am getting a MacBook air for school and I was wondering if a Mac has a cheep textbook app.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What do you mean, "textbook app"?

3. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

You can use both the Kindle for Mac and Nook for Mac programs to read textbooks on your computer - my school uses the latter, for example. Best to look at both and see which store offers the books you need for a good price. Oh, and the applications themselves are free, just not the content.

4. yefar11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx soo much I probibly will get the kindle

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The apps are free. They are also compatible only with the vendor from which you purchase each textbook. For ebooks purchased from Barnes & Noble, you must use nook. For ebooks purchased from Amazon, you must use Kindle. You may find that your textbooks are cheaper as "open market" purchases than if you purchase them through your college bookstore's website.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

To change your title to "cheap," click edit>go advanced and edit the title.

7. yefar11 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm in middle school not collage srry?!

8. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Middle school or college, the same rule applies. Assuming that you attend public school and that your textbooks are supplied by the school district, then you use the reader that is compatible with your textbooks. The district will provide this information. The opinion of nobody on this forum will change what you need to do.

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

-aggie- meant for you to correct the spelling from "cheep" (incorrect) to "cheap" (correct), not to change your title to say only "Cheep". You may have better success in attracting responses to your thread, and you'll make your thread easier to find for those browsing the forum for the same answers, if you change your thread title to something more descriptive. To do so, click the "Edit" button on your original post, then click "Go Advanced" and you will see where to edit the thread title.

10. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Yes....pay attention in school....cheep is the sound a bird makes.

11. robo456 macrumors 6502

robo456

and collage is usually considered an artistic group of pictures or objects.

(doh, sorry.)

But seriously, just ask your tech guy the school; he'll tell you what you'll need to get.

--rob