Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amac4me

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
There will always be people who want to wait for the "next" update. The new models released today will be strong sellers as many have been waiting for the update.

I tip my hat to those who decide to wait for the next revision as I wouldn't be able to do it.

IndyUK

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2008
The internals etc on this laptop are not bad, but the lack of any great redesign is completely dissapointing, so I guess I will be waiting for the redesign, or, horror of horrors, be looking at what the competition offers in the pro laptop market.

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
There will always be people who want to wait for the "next" update. The new models released today will be strong sellers as many have been waiting for the update.

I tip my hat to those who decide to wait for the next revision as I wouldn't be able to do it.

I agree, there's always a next thing, and it's always a few months away, and it's always hard to wait.

But seriously people, just buy the computer or don't.

PS. Complaining doesn't make the releases come any sooner. If you're really worried just do what Cartman did when he couldn't wait for the Wii.

matthuds

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
UK
The internals etc on this laptop are not bad, but the lack of any great redesign is completely dissapointing, so I guess I will be waiting for the redesign, or, horror of horrors, be looking at what the competition offers in the pro laptop market.

I agree i was looking forward to a new keyboard or at least a little change in looks. But i dont think i could wait for another x months when there MAY BE a change in looks.

BlueScreenX

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2008
San Antonio TX
umm from what i understand montinevia is peynrns with a new chipset ect... and willnot afect apple products that use their own. I may be wrong...as im just parroting what i have heard

amac4me

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
umm from what i understand montinevia is peynrns with a new chipset ect... and willnot afect apple products that use their own. I may be wrong...as im just parroting what i have heard

Here's an overview:

montevina.jpg

wildlywicked

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2008
i've been waiting for 7+ months so no, a
- case change (ooo looks different...the point?)
- bluray (sure in a few months BD-R's will drop in price...right right?!?!)
- ssd (get ready to pay 10x more per gig everybody!)
will not entice me to wait ANY LONGER.
I AM GETTING THIS NOW. thanks

ibizarocks

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2007
I'm waiting till Montevina and if there's no case re-design then (which there surely will be due to the fact that you'll see other manufacturers coming out with slimmer designs) then I'll just buy it.

I NEED one by Oct 1st so I'll have no choice!

raymondu999

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2008
Personally, waiting for Nehalem plus Montevina. But seriously guys, let's get some maturity. The update hasn't been out for 24 hours, and we're waiting for the next.

pw1388

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2007
The only thing i ask for from this update was a updated case for the laptop and wat do i get? some piss poor speed update. sad. :mad: :( I guess its back to the waiting game for another 6 month for Monteniva to come out.

a456

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2005
Has anyone thought of cryostasis as a way of getting one over on the upgrade game?

Twe Foju

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2007
Jakarta
here we go again :D

roller coaster ride :D:p

the present Penryn Buyers will be like us, the SR rev D buyers in X months time :D:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.