Chelsea fans: comment on this...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iSamurai, Apr 14, 2008.

1. iSamurai macrumors 65816

iSamurai

I was browsing around, looking at different sites on a Monday evening... then came this.

Both you and I like the current 07/08 kit don't we? It looks nice, so keep it nicely because this ad made me do a 1 minute search on the new 08/09 kit.

I must say they should keep the kit in total darkness because the new one looks really bad (ok, that's as euphemistic as I can be). (I like the ad with London in the background :p)

[​IMG]

so, let me unveil the kit for you...

[​IMG]

Left to right: home, away, 3rd kit. They've removed the "mobile" from samsung. I guess they'll be advertising their TV sets as well, not just their phones.

OK. here's my opinion.

That bag looks nice. But that's not my point. Home kit: I don't like the collar, it looks like it's from the old school days, and it looks so plain for £35 (I estimate)! I dunno if it's just me but I don't like football jerseys with collars. they remind me of golf. Away kit: it looked slightly decent, but again, it's so plain and that round, blue collar reminds me of primary school kids in uniform. urgh. the 3rd kit resembles Orlando Pirates (in South Africa) and the jersey itself seems to be the German National Team's home kit made black.

I dunno what you guys think about them though... perhaps you like it.

Funny thing is that Chelsea is letting people "pre-ordering" them but the displayed images are blacked-out like the above ad. I guess quite a few will be disappointed on 8 May.

BTW if you see Liverpool's 08/09 kit it looks so much better... why... why... and it looks better than their current kit, in my opinion. Orz

I guess I'll be buying the 07/08 kit when they drop the price in a month or two :)

Images were from here.

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

That's because Adidas – like many other shirt manufacturers – uses templates when it comes to designing kits these days. A limited number of essentially identical designs, only the colours, crest and sponsor is changed for each team – cheap and easy to produce, see.

We'll have to wait and see if these are the actual shirts – there are a lot of faked mock ups that do the rounds at this time of year. ;)

3. iSamurai thread starter macrumors 65816

iSamurai

na, they are real. many comments from the source site says a lot of evidence. Yeah, I know there's a lot of mock ups - "possible solutions" as some may call them. another citing here. disappointing I must say :(

4. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Ah, don't worry you'll probably get a free flag

5. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Mind, if I were a Chelsea fan I'd take anything to replace the monstrosity that is this season's away shirt... :D

6. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

It's a sad sad day,what with the result today,looks like were out the title race :(

7. iSamurai thread starter macrumors 65816

iSamurai

I saw that too... :(

Lol, i see your origins! And yes indeed I hope I'll get it free too.
    I hope you've seen the Liverpool new jersey which looks 10x better than the current kit and 100x better than Chelsea's. Someone should be fired and someone should be promoted by adidas.