Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

John444

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Hey everyone, I recently upgrade to Mac OS X Lion (10.7.2). Ever since I have upgraded, the Chess app that came pre-installed in Snow Leopard crashes and gives me this huge crash report saying chess quit un-expectantly. I really liked this game (even though it was not the best chess game out there). Any idea how to fix this? Could I re-install it or something?

Last edited:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Have you tried trashing the ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Chess.plist file?

John444

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Have you tried trashing the ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Chess.plist file?

I don't even have that file, I think something went wrong when I was installing Lion. The chess app seems smaller than before. Its only 4.9MB. Is there a way to reinstall Chess without reinstalling the entire OS?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I don't even have that file, I think something went wrong when I was installing Lion. The chess app seems smaller than before. Its only 4.9MB. Is there a way to reinstall Chess without reinstalling the entire OS?
I don't know if anything changed with the Chess.app between SL and Lion. If you were still on SL, I'd say install Pacifist to extract the app from your Mac OS X install disk. I don't run Lion, so I'm not sure how to extract or reinstall a single app from the Lion Recovery partition. Hopefully, someone else will be able to help on that one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.