Chess App crashing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by John444, Dec 28, 2011.

1. John444, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011

John444 macrumors member

Hey everyone, I recently upgrade to Mac OS X Lion (10.7.2). Ever since I have upgraded, the Chess app that came pre-installed in Snow Leopard crashes and gives me this huge crash report saying chess quit un-expectantly. I really liked this game (even though it was not the best chess game out there). Any idea how to fix this? Could I re-install it or something?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Have you tried trashing the ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Chess.plist file?

3. John444 thread starter macrumors member

I don't even have that file, I think something went wrong when I was installing Lion. The chess app seems smaller than before. Its only 4.9MB. Is there a way to reinstall Chess without reinstalling the entire OS?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I don't know if anything changed with the Chess.app between SL and Lion. If you were still on SL, I'd say install Pacifist to extract the app from your Mac OS X install disk. I don't run Lion, so I'm not sure how to extract or reinstall a single app from the Lion Recovery partition. Hopefully, someone else will be able to help on that one.