Chess works incorrectly on iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Choctaw, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Choctaw macrumors 6502

Choctaw

Have been using most of my time learning more important functions on my new iMac. Today I decided to take a break, relax and play the chess game. I know how to play chess. The game seems not to know how to play correctly. After a few moves and when I have captured a few pieces.............out of nowhere the opposite side will put a piece back on the board .......or even add a second queen to the game. What a disappointment this game is. Anybody know what could be going on with this screwed up chess game?

2. mpantone macrumors 6502

Nothing we can do here. Please report the bug to Apple.

Checkmate!

:D

3. Choctaw, Dec 24, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013

Choctaw thread starter macrumors 6502

Choctaw

Don't know if you are speaking only for yourself or this entire forum when you say " we can't help." I found my answer on another mac site. For what it's worth if someone else encounters this situation.

When starting the Chess game a screen opens with a choice called VARIANT which offers 3 kinds of settings for the Chess Game. Regular, Crazy house, Suicide, and Losers. Since I was playing it for the first time the default was set at Crazy house which makes as the word suggests, crazy moves.

Sorry to waste the forum bandwidth on such a trifle situation. I find in most cases the answers are here for the asking.

4. mpantone macrumors 6502

5. Choctaw thread starter macrumors 6502

Choctaw

I have it set at regular now, but for some reason it was not that way on my 1st time of opening chess up. It is OK now, but a real disappointment when it comes to moving the board around where each piece is in clear view. Would love to have more choices including a flat board with flat pieces like many of the web chess game depict.

Guess I will have to check out were to purchase one I like. Even my PC's have much more recognizable board characters than the iMac chess game does. It's like the Stones recording, "You can't always get what you want" I do like my new iMac warts an all.

6. enix macrumors newbie

enix

--- Post Merged, Nov 26, 2016 ---
    I have also had this problem,have you found a solution?

7. Choctaw thread starter macrumors 6502

Choctaw

INIX........my posting on the chess situation was 3 years ago. I have not found any program on a computer that comes close to sitting down across from a real player. So I have completely discontinued any computer chess. It is much more interesting to pick up on the expressions of a real player, hearing their grunts and bitching as the game move on. I am just an old fart of 75 and have a real bitch about how the world has been taken over with all the little hand-held games. These days people salute those new electronic opponents at the price of giving up human interactions which is what a healthy society should be built on. Think on it, they even want cars that drive themselves.