Chevron Pattern Vector

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by swwack91, Jan 19, 2014.

1. swwack91 macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

I'm working on a graphic design project that I'm doing in Photoshop, but at a very high resolution. I'm hoping to find a stock image (free hopefully) of a simple chevron pattern. Like this.

To ensure it's scaleable to the high resolution, I figure it would be best to find an Illustrator vector or EPS or something like that but haven't had much luck after poking around for a while. I'm very inexperienced in Illustrator, but I'm sure there's an easy way to make something like this from scratch.

Anyone have any ideas to either find a scaleable vector of a pattern like this or how to make one myself?

Any ideas appreciated!

2. 666sheep macrumors 68040

666sheep

There's plenty of tutorials how to create one in AI. Just put "draw chevron pattern illustrator" in Google.
    One of them is here.

3. primalman macrumors 6502a

4. 24hrpizza macrumors member

did you really ask how to make a chevron pattern aka zig zag line?

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

One way ...

Make a Path in Illiustrator. Go to Object > Path > Add Anchor Points. An anchor point will be added at the midpoint between every existing anchor point. Do that a few times to get enough anchor points. Select every other anchor point. Move up. Now you should have a zig-zagged line. Duplicate line to create pattern.

Easier way ...

Make a Path. Go to Effect > Distort > Zig Zag. Set Points to Corner. Adjust Size and Ridges per segment to suit. Click OK. Duplicate Path to create pattern.

6. tacotester1 macrumors member

make a zig zag line
    and drag it in pattern brushes swatches
    make a line
    and click the new swatch

copy paste
    bada bing

:cool: