Chicago/Detroit area

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Southernboyj, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

I am trying to get a base model RMBP ( As everyone else :p )
    I can't order online, and the closest Apple store is 3 hours from me, however next Tuesday (June 26th) I'm flying to the Detroit area and will be there from June 26th - July 3rd and I'll be in the Chicago area from July 3rd - July 10th.

Anyone from these area's have a suggested Apple Store that normally get's the biggest shipments? As far as Detroit goes, I Googled Mapped it and the nearest Apple store is the 12 Oaks Mall, and in Chicago it's the one on North Michigan Ave.

Also, if I can't find one in stock in those 2 weeks, could I pay for a RMBP in cash at an Apple Store and have them order it for me? Or do I have to do it through a credit card?

2. wnxgenral macrumors 6502

The Michigan Ave store in Chicago is your best bet as its the most popular store in the city. Only problem is that place is SO busy, it's a friken zoo.

3. Southernboyj thread starter macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

So you think I might be better off going to a less populated store? I've never been to either city, sorry for being so ignorant. :p

4. Southernboyj thread starter macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Also anyone know about the last part of my question? Can you order a RMBP from the store to be shipped to your house and pay in cash?

5. Rizzm macrumors 6502a

If you want one really badly you can get one on eBay for resale premium. I think you could get a base model for less than $2,500.

6. ihakim macrumors member

7. thundersteele macrumors 68030

No, that's not possible.

You should try both Chicago downtown stores, the Michigan avenue one and the one on North and Clyborn. You probably have to go every day and ask ;)

You should also check the best buys in the city, there is one close to each of the Apple stores, and one or two more that are easily accessible from the downtown.

8. catejust macrumors newbie

There's also an Apple Store in Briarwood Mall here in Ann Arbor that is probably less busy than 12 Oaks or Somerset..

http://goo.gl/maps/JWto