Chicago Flagship watch try on today.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by echo44, Apr 11, 2015.

1. echo44 macrumors 6502

So just got back from the Michigan Ave store in Chicago.
    I have a space black SS ordered as well as a space grey sports

The store was crowded! The buzz was around the watches.

They look way better in person!!

I am a little torn as although I ordered the Black SS the regular SS looks amazing and seems more versatile as far as adapting to different bands.
    The link band was lighter than it looks but still seemed high quality.

The sports band was amazingly nice!!! Did not feel cheap at all. Also, tried on the space grey sports with black band it looked great and felt great.

I tried the watches not running demos and there was no significant lag.

A lady next to me who was older and wearing lots of diamond bling was complaining to the apple guy about how she wanted the gold edition and was upset she couldn't buy one right there and take it home today!!

After seeing the enthusiasm in the store I think apple has another big hit on their hands(pun intended).

My final thoughts is I probably will keep my order in for the black SS although I ordered a SS with white band just in case I change my mind in the next few days.

PS
    checked out the new macbook. its basically feels like an iPad with a keyboard.
    I was surprised the gold color was nicer than i thought it would be. The space grey was very cool. I already have an 11 inch 2010 macbook air so I am not sure I need another mini laptop.

2. AdonisSMU, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015

AdonisSMU macrumors 603

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

With all that diamond bling she probably doesn't care. ;)

4. echo44 thread starter macrumors 6502

she knew and was perturbed they didn't have one in stock!:eek:

I am betting the edition will have no trouble selling! There are people who go in to expensive restaurants in chicago and spend a few thousand dollars for dinner and drinks.

5. KPOM macrumors G5

Interesting. I was there this morning. There were people in the store, including another person trying on watches, but the crowd was smaller. I got a good look at the Edition after my try-on session with the regular watch. I don't doubt that they'll sell them, but they seem somewhat subtle for the diamond bling crowd. The rose gray leather is actually a rather tasteful design. The red leather band is bit more bling but still not over the top.

I originally wanted the Space Black, but I "overslept" by 2 hours on Thursday night and got the Classic Band so as to stay within the 4/24-5/8 window. As it turns out, I'm glad I did because I like the look much better in person than on screen. It makes it look less like a tech gadget and more just like a nice watch. I also ordered the Milanese Loop today. Between my MacBook order (arriving Thursday :D), 2 Watch orders (one is a gift) and 2 band orders I managed to trip fraud alerts on 2 credit cards. All legit, Chase. :)