Chicagoland Availability ~ iPhone4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BennyBlades, Aug 19, 2010.

1. BennyBlades macrumors newbie

I've called countless times to stores in the Chicagoland area (Orland, Oak Brook, Michigan Ave, etc) and each day the stores are out of the iPhone4. None of the stores are doing a waiting list like the iPad plus you have to take your chances driving there to get one "if" one is in stock. Is Apple slowing down production? I'm very frustrated, does anyone here know what's going on?

2. CSpackler macrumors regular

CSpackler

The Chicago stores sell out quickly when they get them in stock. You're better off calling the Best Buys in your area, that's how I found mine.

3. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

When you call, ask if they have recieved their shipment for the day. if they have not call back a little later. I have been the victim of calling being told no they dont have something. Then going in a few days later to find they actually did get some in the day I called. I just called before the shipment arrived it came right after I called.

Orland Park is pretty good. Usually you can call around 10 or 11am and they will tell you if they have gotten their shipment for the day.

4. brown.eyed.girl macrumors member

Call in the morning, when they open. If they don't have any, call every hour until they do. Once you hear that they do, book it down there. I called once at 10:30 and they had phones. Got there at 12:30 and all sold out.

And I was told no shipments/deliveries on Sundays.

5. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Any better luck with ATT stores maybe??

Supply trumps demand!!

6. BearsFan34 macrumors regular

BearsFan34

I was just at the Orland Square Mall Store on Tuesday to pick up a MacBook repair for work. While I was waiting to be seen, someone off the street walked in, asked an employee near me if they had any iPhone 4s in stock, said "Yep! Would you like one?", and returned shortly with a brand new one to sell.

Then while waiting to sign papers at the Genius Bar, *another* person walked up to the front and paid for their new iPhone 4. This was around 12:30 PM local time.

When I was dropping that computer off about 10 days ago, same deal. While I was waiting, someone just walked in & asked for an iP4 and got one. That time, it was earlier in the morning around 11:15 AM local time or so.

Keep trying. Seems like they had "plenty" when I was there the other day.

7. miki66 macrumors 6502

miki66

try woodfield, they may have some there;)good luck

8. anonymouz1828 macrumors regular

Wed, August 18

I went to Michigan Ave around 11am .. they had plenty of 16gb and none 32gb. They told me they might get stock later on (one hour to 3 hours). I called half hour and 32gb was not available yet. One hour and half later, I called them again and 32gb arrived!!! Rushed to the store and I got 32gb.

9. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

Orland Square

I called Orland Square on Monday morning right after they opened at 10. I asked if they had any in stock and since it was Monday, he said he had to check. He came back on the line and had some in stock. I drove down there and got mine around 12:30. A guy and his daughter came in right after me and asked for 4 of them for their family plan. Then another guy and his daughter came in for two and they only had one more in stock. That was it for the day, however there were a number of people getting them activated as I was waiting. I was in and out pretty quick, and they have had them in stock almost every day. It seems they get their stock just after lunch sometime, betweekn 1 and 2, so I would check early morning, and then after lunch again. Naperville had 16GB only the day I called them, but none of the Best Buy stores had any at all.

10. tikitommy macrumors regular

if you have patience, ATT store. Ordered in store this past monday night, it was delivered Thursday morning.