Chicken of the VNC with Multiple Screens

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by velocityg4, Dec 23, 2009.

1. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I am trying to set up an XP box as a VNC server and access its screen from a Macbook Pro which also has an external display.

The problem is when I connect to the XP machine with Chicken of the VNC and switch to full screen mode one monitor gets used while the other goes black. I want the Mac OS X desktop to remain on one screen while the XP box is in fullscreen on the second. Is this possible? I would just maximize the Window instead of full screen unfortunately the lag time becomes obscene when not in full screen mode, while it is nearly seamless in full screen mode.

The idea is similar if one runs Parallels on a Mac with multiple screens one screen can be the Windows desktop while the others are the Mac Desktop. Then you can just move the mouse back and forth between the two. This is the same functionality I am looking for with VNC.

Edit: I have searched this topic for a while. But the only results I can find are for accessing a multi-screen desktop from a single screen Mac which is the opposite problem.

2. orionrobert macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem

Have you found a solution? I hate to believe I have to use a PC to putty into my remote machine if i want to use fullscreen on one monitor, and still use my local machine on the second.