Chiclet Keyboard or Old Style?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Epsilon88, Oct 23, 2010.

?

Which keyboard is better?

1. Pre-unibody Macbook Pro silver keyboard

10 vote(s)
    25.6%
  2. Black chiclet style

29 vote(s)
    74.4%
  1. Epsilon88 macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if I should upgrade to a new MBP from my older one (2007). I was wondering: do you prefer the keyboard or on the older one, or the new, black chiclet style? That was my main concern.

2. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I didn't like the chiclet keyboard at first, but I've gotten used to it. The old IBM-style Pro Keyboard is still my favorite, of course, but the chiclet is fine.

That being said, your laptop is almost 4 years old. I think the keyboard is the least of your worries. Wait 'til the next refresh and buy, buy, buy.

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Hated the chiclet keyboard until I was forced to use at work (Apple USB keyboard) and grown to love it.

4. Epsilon88 thread starter macrumors 6502

Funnily enough, my Pro is still in perfect shape. Runs fast with 4 gb of RAM and loaded w/ Snow Leopard. So I'm pretty happy for now. :D

5. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Still have a non-unibody MacBook Pro, but I've used the chiclet keyboards a lot because I have the usb keyboard. Personally I still prefer the old style to the new, I can jsut type faster on it and it is more comfortable for me.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

I find the chiclet to be preferable. once I was used to it, I've found myself typing faster and more reliably.

7. DJ-R macrumors regular

I prefer the Chiclet. Solid feels + less typo.

8. cmclaughlan macrumors member

Chicklet keys = 2 broken keys out of the box on 17inch. Even after rapir the 'N' key won't sit right and the 'enter' key is not aligned correctly and the 'space' slants down to the right. (check any 17 inch MBPro they all have the same problem)

Hate, hate, hate the chicklet keyboard.
    It looks messy, keys aren't quite aligned, they aren't as uniform as they should be and I think that is what I find distracting.

Almost returned new Mac because of it :(

Never had a problem in 6 years with 2 old style Mac Book Pros.