CHildhood

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mushrooshi, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Mushrooshi macrumors regular

Um.

Since last week ive been getting thoughts of how sad it will be to move out when I got to college in 4 years. I'm 14. I don't want to move away. I don't want my childhood to end. I am going to miss my family when I move out.

I know this sounds stupid. The only way I can get to sleep is to sneak back on the computer and play games or watch anime.

2. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Everyone goes through this to a degree.

It's all part of growing up. But once you move out, you find that there is a whole world out there to be explored and enjoyed. :)

3. Mushrooshi thread starter macrumors regular

OOH Yum, I love eating sushi.

How long does Nori last opened? I have had some opened nori for like 10 months I think lol.

I plan to make some sushi using normal grocery store fish. They use the same fish in their sushi department.

4. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

wow, that didn't take long to go off topic...

5. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Once you hit 30 thats when you have to start worrying.

LOL

6. Mushrooshi thread starter macrumors regular

I really hope there will be better health care. I want people who are, say, 41 to live to ,say , 150 or longer.

My dad smokes, and I am worried. I am atheist and I really want to believe there is heaven or the soul society from bleach and stuff.

7. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Like my 'tar! :p

8. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

I am with you on the growing up thing, although, I don't think I hit that stage until my last year of highschool. College is great, but i only have one more semester and the whole feeling is hitting me all over again.

My advice, enjoy every minute of highschool you can, and college. Visit home when you can, but make experiences AND join and do as much stuff in HS while you can... and college groups too. I did tech in HS and LOVED it.. and plays and such.

There is very little time for fun hobbies like that once school ends (even find college tech and stuff is less enjoyable then it was in HS for me)

As far as your dad smoking. He should quit, but you know this. Either way though, I am with you on the Atheist thing. I always feel it would be easier to believe in an afterlife, but I can't conciously do it, it just doesn't make sense.

Just make as many memories as you can while you are alive, because that's all you got.

People live on in other people's memories, no where else, so just make as many of those good memories as possible so you can keep your loved ones alive for generations to come through photos, movies and story tellings. We live in an age where you can not only save paintings/photos diaries etc, but true real videos, and moving images and many many more types of documention of people's affect on the world. Apple built a business on this idea of documentation/media/memories.

Take advantage of everything you have!

9. EMU1337 macrumors member

EMU1337

Hey man, I'm in college and I'll tell you being a kid was kick a$$ but there are a lot of things you can do later on that are way way cooler, like driving, going on roadtrips with your buddies, and other stuff thats really reckless and stupid that makes you think, wow i shouldnt have done that. But thats all part of the experience. You're supposed to grow up, otherwise...well you wouldn't and there's a purpose to everything.....right? Things fall into place and they make sense, and man, you got like four years before you even need to think about that crap. It isn't so bad once you get there and just live up the high school life, but also realize that everything comes to an end and the more you start getting used to it the easier it is and the easier change is. I hope some of this made sense/helped you.

About your comment on atheism....I'm not going to try and sway you from anything you believe in, but I will share a few quotes frome Einstein, who I believe is a very intelligent man.

"Everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man.... In this way the pursuit of science leads to a religious feeling of a special sort, which is indeed quite different from the religiosity of someone more naive." -Einstein

"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human understanding, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views." -Einstein

I think what Einstein is really saying is that it would be unwise to think there isn't something there, something spiritual or omnipresent. I myself believe there is something significant, patterns don't just come together for the simple reason of entropy. Harmony as Einstein calls this universe, can not be possible with the always present entropy in our lives. I would say think about this, I mean really think about it. I'm a thinker, I would like to consider myself a very analytical individual that is decently smart, and I know what conclusion I've come to. Its up to you man, no one can make you believe something you don't want to so just think about what you believe in.

Anyways this got pretty deep and I'm gonna stop typing now.

10. Mushrooshi thread starter macrumors regular

TO get him to quit should I find his packs and then put it in a container with water and basically make it unburnable. Ive done it 5 times and the only one pissed is my mom because she thinks my dad will get mad at me when really he just kind of gets mad for 5 second slike "WHAT THE HELL!" and thats it.

Ironically, he gets mad at me and my sister for spending our money, when we are in no danger at all of debt or bankrupt or stuff like that. I wonder how much money we would save a year if he doesn't by cigarettes.

Good thing he isn't a heavy smoker, compared to most he is light. 3 sticks at max a day, usually 1 or 2.

I keep on thinking I will get reincarnated (as a human) again on Earth, but in some random place and I lose memory.

11. Shotglass macrumors 65816

Shotglass

Can't wait for my childhood to end. I want my own apartment. I want my own life. Without my parents looking over my shoulder. I guess that attitude is normal in some people...

As for you, seize the time you have left. 14 is a great age. Also, start learning some stuff for the future, right now it's still pretty easy. Play an instrument or something.

12. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Think of it this way, 4 years is almost 30% of the life you've lived. Thats a long time. So don't worry and don't rush it.

13. ToddW macrumors 6502a

i concur 30 is a hard one to bare!

14. Baron58 macrumors 6502

Trust me. In 4 years you will be so anxious to move out; you'll have gotten over the feeling you have now. You probably won't be 'moving out' to just go start from scratch in an apartment. You'll probably go to college and live in a dorm, then come home a few weeks later for thanksgiving, then a few weeks later for Christmas/new year's, then a couple months later for Easter/spring break, then a couple months later for the summer and spend the summer at home. At that point you'll be ready to go back because the things that you'll be going *towards* at college (girls/freedom/friends/job/etc.) will be more appealing than staying at home in your room playing games.

For now, right. Later, the only way you'll get to sleep is to roll off your college girlfriend (or roll her off of you, depending), which is (a) more satisfying than games or anime, and (b) something that is not possible in your parent's house.

15. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

I had that kinda 'I don't want to move out' attitude up until recently. I'm 17 now and can't wait to move out :D My parents can't wait for me to move out either, so it's a win-win situation...