Chinao Case - First Impressions

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Darth Maniac, Aug 19, 2010.

1. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

If you don't want the perforated design on the back (see my review and vid) then you need to put that in the notes.

2. yuanmoons macrumors 6502

The review & vid are the reason im considering this case - so thanks for answering the question & the vid! :)

3. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

Can a few people who have this case comment on the stitching quality? I noticed in the video and pics that they use contrast stitching on the black case so I'm wondering if the quality of stitching is consistent since any mishaps will stick out.

Also...is there another case exactly like this that is black material and black thread?

4. jeff_siler macrumors 6502

I'm thinking about selling my incase convertible book jacket and buying a slimmer case. I'm debating the official apple case vs the chinao. For those who have used both, which is the best buy?

5. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

They are both a great buy except for the Apple Case attracting a lot of lint, dist and it gets dirty the second you touch it.

The Chinao is everything that Apple Case is except it does not get dirty. And you can find it for almost half price :)

I love them both.

6. DarkAether macrumors regular

7. DarkAether macrumors regular

But it's also easily wiped clean.

Several folks have noted that the felt inside material on the Chinao gets dirty easily. To me that's worse since it's the inner material/surface that will grind dirt against the Ipad and cause scratching. :eek:

8. Darth Maniac thread starter macrumors member

Yeah thats why I stopped using mine. Its a common problem with a lot of cases really - not sure what this obsession is with fabric linings. Surely smooth leather is unlikely to damage the screen?

9. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

I ordered the Chinao and i dunno...it is weird. I don't like that the top and bottom don't line up with eachother. I don't like how big the edging seems...it makes it kinda difficult to get to the headphones and volume ports...

And the inside of it does attract everything. Usually when I am done using, I wipe the inside before closing it.

This is the nicest case I have purchased so far though.

10. Redbull1980 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I've been using the Chinao ipad case for a while now and at first i was really happy with it. But in the last few days i'm getting annoyed with the case, because of imperfections. First issue i have is that because the case is made of synthetic leather the corners are starting to break as seen in the image's in the attachments i posted. The second issue is that case doesn't hold the iPad as tight as it should, when used in a daily fashion the iPad move's a little bit to the left everytime you open the case up. This make the volume controle's on the right harder to use. It's not that bad but it's still annoying to me. My friend has apple case which is a dust magnet but the iPad sits in the case perfectly with no wobbly effects while typing whatsoever. The Chinao case is really flimsy standing up horizontal, not like the Apple case it self which is firm and solid. I still love the because the outside isn't a dust magnet but the imperfection and build quality is nothing compared to that of apple it self.

Just my thought on this case.

Greets

Attached Files:

• web.jpg
      web.jpg
      File size:
      137.1 KB
      Views:
    • web3.jpg
      web3.jpg
      File size:
      113.9 KB
      Views:
    • web2.jpg
      web2.jpg
      File size:
      148.8 KB
      Views:
  11. jeremy3721 macrumors regular

My Chinao has started cracking along the seems. Only had it a couple of months and have used it carefully so I'm disappointed.