chines iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jono61, Sep 13, 2011.

1. jono61 macrumors newbie

hi I've just purchased a Chines iPhone 4 which works well with blue-tooth in my car and WiFi on public connections, Macer's and local Coffee shop, but It will not connect to my home router which is a D-link DIR 300, with WEP security. I've tried changing across to WPA but my Presario CQ40 will not accept WPA settings can you help

2. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

well first make sure everything is on WEP (more universal) since your computer can't do WPA. Typically, the biggest problem is the passkey. I'm pretty sure its something simple, since your able to connect elsewhere and you have a computer connected to the router already.

worse case scenario you can always restore your router to factory defaults in case you had changed the password and forgot it.

3. jono61 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

sorry took a little time how to use this site yes I think will have to go back to beginning with the router
    regards

4. S7A2G6 macrumors member

S7A2G6

You could ensure that iPhone is not capitalizing the first character on your password.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member