Chinese app suggestions

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Ankaa, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Ankaa macrumors 6502

Hi all,
    as I'm pretty overwhelmed with the great range of apps I'd like to ask for some help. I'm looking for a learning app, but one that is easy to use and where I don't have to create my flashcards myself.

Can anybody suggest any? I'm willing to spend some bucks for a good one.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

A search in Itunes shows many teaching apps...Mandarin and other versions of Chinese seem well covered.

See the attached image. I can't vouch for them, but maybe try one of the free ones first?

Attached Files:

3. Ankaa thread starter macrumors 6502

I already did a seach and as I said, there are so many. I tried a couple of the free ones and although they would do in the end, none is exactlly what I'm looking for.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I guess if there are no recommendations, then look at the prices...It's normally true that you get what you pay for...Look for something that comes in at a rosetta stone price...Not cheap, but should be full featured and RS uses a picture based "speak as you learn" system....No flash cards needed:

http://www.rosettastone.co.uk/s151011t?cid=se-gguk9t&rd=0&gclid=CN-WyoGc2LMCFcbLtAodE3kAsQ#

Ouch! But it works on Mac and IOS devices according to the ads....It's an awful lot of money though....Maybe it's cheaper where you are.

5. Ankaa thread starter macrumors 6502

I said "some" bucks, not an awful lot ;) I don't need a complete learning system, just something to complement my courses. I'd love some preinstalled or downloadable sets of flashcards or something like that, maybe as a game. It's really time consuming if you have to create your own flashcards.

6. Ankaa thread starter macrumors 6502

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Ignore it, it's spam...:)