CHINESE CHARACTER IN US ver. IPHONE 3g

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Hector Herrera, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Hector Herrera macrumors newbie

HELLO EVERYBODY!

I live in China and I've looked around and the least i can get a 3g Iphone is for 4500 RMB (probably a little less) can anyone tell me where i can get chea[er pice in Xi'an Shaanxi Province? besides that, I've been told that the US ver. doesnt accept chinese character text message.

How can i make the Iphone accept the characters??

I've been told that if i hack the simcard it would be enough but after reading a couple of threads i found out that by hacking the simcard you only allow other phone companies to be operated on 3g...

Also by jailbreaking but i was also told that it was dangerous cuz' if done wrong then the 3g would be as usefull as a ROCK!

Is there a better solution to my problem?

THANKS!

2. trunksu macrumors 6502

i think it's dependent on the phone. the reason is i've sent Chinese & Japanese characters to my friend with an iphone with no problem. i sent one to a friend that had a samsung phone (cheap) and it didn't work (came out garbage).

i'll send another one to another friend later today to test it.

3. Hector Herrera thread starter macrumors newbie

That Would Be Great My Friend Thank You Very Much!

And is it posible to write the characters as well in the iphone? lie a app or something that accepts pinyin and converts to characters or something like that?