Chinese Input Application for MBA and iMac.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Gutwrench, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Gutwrench, Jan 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2011

Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Hello, we are newer users to the Mac world and very pleased with the products. Thank you.

1. Can anyone please recommend an excellent Chinese input application for the MBA and iMac? We currently use an application that is keyboard driven only but its only supported on a MS platform.

2. In reading some preference literature, OS10 seems to be packaged with Chinese input. We tried using this on the iMac but it seems only keyboard input and is too cumbersome.

3. I think we'd be most happy with the input method we use on our iPhones. (Using touchpad and select the recommended character presented by the application.) Is anyone familiar with this?

4. Can this same method be set up on the MBA since it has a touchpad already?

5. Can we buy a touch pad and attach it to iMac like a second mouse so we can use the native iPhone application?

Thank you for this opportunity and thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Edit: Furthermore, we are open to any recommendations for an excellent third party application too. We are willing to make purchase as this feature is important to us.

2. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

Howdy. You might want to visit the Nisus Writer Pro and Mellel forums, because both have users who work with Chinese. They may have the right answers for you.

3. Gutwrench thread starter macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Exegetes77,

I would like to personally thank you for your recommendation. My wife and I visited Nisus as you suggested and we rcv'd the help we needed. We are most happy with the application we are now using. We are indebted to you and wish we could return the favor you did for us.

May the new year bring you health, prosperity but above all peace in life.

Thank you.

4. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

So glad that you found your answer. Your resolution and letting us all know that you did get it resolved is sufficient thanks.

Blessings to you.