chinese iphone4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by simonpt, Mar 6, 2011.

1. simonpt macrumors newbie

HELP.... i have just got a Chinese iphone4,, does anybody know how i put the real iphone software onto it??? at the moment it is just an external hard drive...

2. gjw4u macrumors 6502

Those imitation phones run their own proprietary OS, & iOS can not be installed in non Apple iPhones.

3. simonpt thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thanks,, do you know if i can put apps store and things like that on it??????

4. simonpt thread starter macrumors newbie

one more thing,, where can i get some instuctions for it?? seems like ive just bought a 30gb hard drive that keeps saying `insufficient memory'......

5. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

You can't install the app store or any other iPhone software onto it as it isn't an iPhone. No idea where you'd get instructions, but why not try where you bought it from?

6. reggaez macrumors newbie

dont waste your time... since its not an ip4, how would u expect to put AppStore and iOS into that HDD of yours?!

7. simonpt thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You CANNOT.
    Its a fake chinese knockoff.
    Its not a real iphone even though the outside looks like it.
    You cant do anything with it.
    You cant install the iOS or apps, appstore anything like that.
    Its junk.