iPad Chinese People Bidding on iPad Then Not Paying...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MICHAELSD, Oct 20, 2014.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I've already had two Chinese people with 0 feedback bid highest to buy my iPad Air then not pay... Guess I'd recommend people selling to delist China since for whatever reason bidders with 0 feedback take it upon themselves to win then not actually pay. I wish eBay had a 0 feedback filter so I don't have to deal with new users... I'm weary to ship it and have them reverse the charge after I ship even if they did pay. :mad:

2. BigMacAttack1 macrumors regular

BigMacAttack1

3. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Honestly you can get more from international buyers if they're legitimate. In some places the iPad Air is more expensive plus the 2 might be launching later.

4. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

I don't see that option anymore. When I went to sell my phone, I saw that you could only restrict it to not allowing negative feedback.

But yeah, I don't think it's even a real person. People use bidding bots to screw up with auctions. Nearly every single auction I made I had bots with zero feedback in some overseas country muck up my auction. I doubt it was a real person every time.

You can cancel their bids at least when the auction is still live. eBay is such a hassle with the influx of fake accounts and non-paying winners and it isn't worth it to sell there unless you make a living doing it because of that.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I put right in the text of my auction that you must have at least 5 feedback so before bidding on my item. If they bid anyway, I simply delete their bid or better block them from bidding again.

6. Ardmanz macrumors regular

Unfortunately this doesn't work.

A Chinese scammer tried to scam me. He had 0 feedback even though I stated you must have at least 10 feedback.

I spoke to ebay who said this broke their terms and conditions and that I had to sell it to them, they wouldn't help me at all even though it was an obvious scam.

I managed to get out of it by telling the scammer I would deliver it to their registered address and film it (luckily their registered address wasn't too far from me). They then agreed to cancel.

7. Lamarak macrumors 6502

Do no international shipping. Id rather make less and know i can track it, look up the person bidding, not worry about the iPad getting taken at customers and dealing with a return nightmare if they say they don't like the item.

You just lose to much control shipping international unless you use ebays global shipping program.

8. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

This is what i have for buyer requirements and i haven't had a time waster for over 2 years now.

It shows on my last iPad sale that it filtered out some 0feedback bidders.

Attached Files:

9. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

This is a good thing to have and something that the OP might want to try.

10. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

All you got to do is block his user ID and he can no longer bid on any of your items.

11. puma1552 macrumors 601

12. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

People are still scared of ebay? F that noise.

13. Ardmanz macrumors regular

All they have to do is open another account though.

14. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

looks like it's causing you a headache tho. is it really worth it??

15. thetruth1985 macrumors 6502

16. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

You did this to yourself. Take responsibility for it. I don't know what recourse you have since is out of the jurisdiction of the US. Maybe complain to eBay. Did you have insurance?

17. Pjrufus macrumors 6502

This is what I did, as well. Besides no international shipping, you can filter out bids from specific geological areas, which for me was everything but the US. I just didn't want to get into international selling/shipping, except for military, which I never had a problem with. Sure, some bids will still get through, but you can cancel the purchase if you don't see the address until the auction is over.

The bid up then not pay thing, is fairly common, and not restricted to any one nationality. All my bidders that didn't pay, were from the US. It's a human thing, not geographical.

18. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Did what? I didn't ship before receiving payment.

19. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Ohhh ok cool. I was under the impression that you shipped the device already. Not sure why you are so angry in your post TBQH.

20. sovereign macrumors 6502

sovereign

ZERO protection for sellers and now up to 180 days for a buyer to file a claim and scam you for a full refund- what's to like?

21. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

China is a country, not a race.

22. Gincoma macrumors 6502

What do you expect from them, they steal our women our jobs our....wait wrong one, they steal our iphones our ipads and our bids. Maybe ebay should have a drop down menu called "select country to ban" tab.

23. puma1552 macrumors 601

Get a clue:

All the buyer has to do is say he received a brick whether its true or not, and ebay sides with him 1000% of the time now unless you videotaped yourself box it and bring it into the post office and hand it off all in one unedited shot. NO seller protection, this is more than well documented.

24. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

I've actually had 2 auctions in the last few months sell to an international buyer, both in the middle east region even though both listings were set for no international shipping and even had all regions of the world outside of the us blocked and still these 2 users were able to place a winning bid. 1 was actually legit in the sense the he messaged me afterwards when trying to pay since it wouldn't allow him to and the other never responded back. So I had to open a cancel listing request which of course neither responded to so I had to wait the full 7 days before I could cancel it myself to get the fees credited back.

Thankfully eBay allows you to relist the auction during that time so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

25. LucasLand macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

if they are paypal verified with a confirmed address, go ahead and sell it to them and send via USPS international priority mail and make sure you input the tracking number. paypal and eBay does have seller protection. many chinese may be just getting into eBay and never used it before. i've sold many things before overseas and have never had a problem