chip in inner border around screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tttao, Aug 13, 2010.

  1. tttao macrumors newbie

    Aug 13, 2010
    a tiny piece of the inside border around the screen on my white macbook chipped off. it's on the far right right above the thing i don't know how to describe it but it looks like this: --------

    i don't have warranty or apple care or anything like that anymore but i was wondering how much it would cost to repair. would it be a quick fix that i can just pick up later in the day? i heard that simple repairs like this cost around 40 or 50 dollars but i don't know really

    i bought my macbook from someone so i don't have the receipt or anything but i do have some papers from when he went to repair cracks before. i don't know i'm really good with my macbook since i got it used and it was already sort of beat up. i've never slammed it shut so i don't even know how it cracked :(
  2. eman macrumors 6502a

    Nov 5, 2007
    In the great white north
    Sounds like you're talking about the plastic bezel. If so, you can order another one from greedbay (ebay) and replace it yourself here.
  3. molala macrumors 6502a

    Oct 25, 2008
    Cambridge, UK
    Mine was replaced last year. I think the part, which is called the front bezel, was £10 on my receipt and the total repair cost was under £30 (about US$45). I didn't have to pay it because I had AppleCare and Apple damaged the bezel while replacing my screen. It was very simple for them to do once they ordered the part in.

Share This Page