Chip in my iPhone 4 :(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BeSweeet, Aug 15, 2010.

1. BeSweeet macrumors 68000

BeSweeet

Well, it happened while I was playing golf. I usually plant my iPhone onto my push cart, where it usually stays put the entire time. I accidentally ran over a hole and my iPhone 4, in the stupid Macally METROBP4 (http://www.macally.com/EN/Product/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=342) case (that I'm reviewing), and my iPhone 4 sort of landed on some rocks. Aftermath is in the image below. Oh well. I KNEW I should've used a different case...

[​IMG]

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That's terrible but you can't suddenly blame the case. Does the phone still function ok?

3. DanggxAmanda macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

That sucks but atleast the screen is scratch free right, I saw a screen protector. That's one plus lol

4. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Ouch, just looking at that pic hurts, but I'm glad your screen wasn't cracked. You can always use a different case to cover that dent up.

5. BeSweeet thread starter macrumors 68000

BeSweeet

Yeah, the phone's fine and yes, there's a screenshield.

6. onne2slick macrumors regular

Oh, I think it's safe to partially blame the case. I was never really fond of those type of cases that had openings on the vertical ends of the phone. :(

7. WilliamG macrumors 604

No it's not safe to partially blame the case. That's like buying a 2-door/2-seater car, and then trying to pick up 2 extra passengers and blaming the car "partially" because you can't fit them in. You KNEW from the outset that the case didn't cover the bottom of the phone.

However, with that being said, I feel your pain. :( Get a bumper or some such, and you'll never see it.

8. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

It was an accident. There is no one or thing at fault. Don't blame others/things for accidents.

9. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

this just happened to me two days ago to my 2 week old iPhone as I was getting out of my car. I meant to slip my phone into my pocket, but I didn't, and I was trying to juggle a bag of groceries as my dog ran out to greet me. Before I knew it, it had slipped out of my hand, landed on concrete (I was afraid to pick it up because I was so sure I had shattered my phone) but it didn't.

welcome to the sad club. my free bumper will arrive this upcoming friday after a 3 week wait, yay.

[​IMG]

10. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Ouch. Ya antenna is mangled! Least your screen is fine :eek:

11. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

12. BeSweeet thread starter macrumors 68000

BeSweeet

@saving107: Ouch :(. I already had like 30 iPhone 4 cases, but I guess I chose the wrong case on that particular day.

13. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I've never used a case on any of my phones, I figured I would give the bumper a chance, but it still hasn't arrived yet. I think the photo I posted made the damage seem worse than it actually is (macro lens).

14. importraverxx macrumors member

my i4 drop from the treadmill yesterday while i was running. It hit the iron bar then bounce of the bottom plate. My heart just stop, then after i wipe it clean with microfiber and checking everything, not a single scratch on it :) The bumper however, about the same spot as yours, a piece of rubber peel out... so thank god for the bumper.