Chip on my Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stressymum, Nov 12, 2010.

1. stressymum macrumors newbie

Incredibly silly of me...... My lovely baby (the 15-inch MBP) is only 9 months old but this morning, I succeeded in dropping the power adapter on it and chipping the corner just above the sleep indicator light. It has created a tiny 1-mm chip off but a flaw nevertheless on an otherwise perfect surface. I am so upset with myself. Is there anything I can do to smooth it out? Would silver car paint over the chip help or make things worse?:mad:

2. Warthog macrumors newbie

I got a brand new MBP a few months ago. A day after I got it I put it in my backpack in order to take it to uni with me. When I took it out I was horrified to find mild scratches on the lid. Of course there is no one to blame for this but myself and I immediately ordered a Foofbag to keep it safe in my backpack in the future, and for a few days did what you are doing now - scouring the internet for ways to restore it to its former perfect, unspoiled beauty. I didn't find anything worth trying.
    After a couple of weeks I found that I just didn't mind. Whilst Apple does design beautiful machines, in my experience they do collect mild aesthetic damage quite easily. In my mind, it gives the machine a bit of personality, it makes it feel more "mine".

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

If it's very small, I would just leave it alone. Over time, you'll see that the edges where you palm rests become dull over time and if the chip is as small as you say it is, it shouldn't be that noticeable later on.

4. Ryy macrumors member

Sorry to hear that! :(

If it were me, I would definitely leave it alone. I am sure that trying to smooth it out, or repair may do more damage than you already have.